Ystrad Meurig (or Ystradmeurig) is a village in Ceredigion, Wales. It lies on the B4340 road northwest of the town of Tregaron. Ystrad Meurig was the site of a Grammar School founded by Edward Richard (1714-1777) in about 1734 . It subsequently offered pupils a course which included significant elements of Classics and Divinity. The school was thereby enabled to provide a basic training for many Welsh language speakers who wished to enter the ordained ministry - being one of the few establishments licensed for the purpose by the Bishop of St. David's. Several former pupils were later to achieve considerable distinction within the Welsh church. This arrangement continued until the 1820s, when the existing school was finally superseded by a newly established college, which has since been transformed into the current University of Wales, Lampeter.
The Three Counties has found: 70 entries for Businesses in Ystrad Meurig West Wales.
For all Businesses in the town of: Ystrad Meurig
If your business is not listed add it now, it's completely free!
Page 1 of 3